Muskingum County Courthouse
401 Main St.
Zanesville, Ohio 43701
Bus: (740) 455-7118
Welcome to the office of the Muskingum County Treasurer.
- Real Estate First half taxes are due February 24, 2017
- Manufactured Home first half taxes are due February 24, 2017
- Payments made through this website via Point and Pay take 3 days to process. Start here.
The Muskingum County Treasurer serves as Muskingum County's chief investment officer, the administrator of delinquent tax collections and the keeper of the property tax escrow account. The Treasurer serves as the county banker, safe keeper of all taxes and investor of local funds.
Real Property tax is one of the oldest taxes in the State of Ohio and is also one of the most stable tax bases, the taxable value of land and buildings. Tax rates vary between tax districts depending on all levies approved either by legislative authority or by the voters in the district. Ohio law limits local government authority to assess property taxes by creating the 10 mill limitation.
Use this website to:
- View and pay your real estate tax bill. Start here.
- View and print official tax forms and documents. Learn more.
- Tax Bills on a contract must pay current taxes at the Treasurer's Office
Hours of Service
8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
Closed all Legal Holidays
Thank you for visiting our site! Please email any comments, suggestions, or other concerns to the Muskingum County Treasurer